Who's This Glamour Girl?

Friday, October 21, 2011

Glamour Friday: Ali's Inspiration Blackboard!

Ali 
It is with CRAZY excitement that I welcome you to The Glamour Addict's launch of Glamour Fridays!  Each Friday, you'll see a feature on someone who's EXTRAORDINARILY glamorous, from the inside out.  You'll be able to pick up a cool tip that's inspired me, and also hear a little bit about what glamour means to them.  


With that being said, it is my PLEASURE to introduce you to my big sister, Ali!





Ali has the BEST sense of style and I'm convinced she was an interior decorator in her past life.  She decorates with cozy furniture, peaceful little Buddhas and big hurricane candles, jars of colored sprinkles and bowls of candy corn.  Everywhere you turn, there's another whimsical surprise.  But the BEST tip I picked up from her is Ali's Inspiration Blackboard, shown below.

This is really where my big sister's creativity and inner glamour come pouring out of her.  She hangs a gold-framed blackboard on the wall as a piece of art, and writes a quote about whatever inspires her at the time - it's almost like a little love note to herself.  


I thought this was such a cute idea that I got my own, less expensive Inspiration Blackboard until I felt like splurging on the real deal.  I found a smaller-but-still-adorable version for $12.99 at Staples, and painted the wooden frame white.  My favorite thing to do is ask people to leave notes on it when they come over, like Ali's note from when she recently stopped by, below.  The fact that the "art" is always changing is really fun and adds a personal touch to your abode!  


I'm so excited to have shared my big sister's tip with you.  Her glamour just radiates from the inside out, and I hope it inspired you today, just as its inspired me all my life!



Visit Ballard Designs to buy Ali's Inspiration Blackboard; it comes in a couple-a sizes.  Have a glamorous weekend xo!




2 comments:

  1. As the subject of the very first Glamour Friday, I am THRILLED, HONORED and FLATTERED! I love my little sista and I love this website...SO full of good tips, good humor and good vibes. Love you, litte a!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! Love your new blog and will be sure to check for more glamour updates :-)
    xoxo,
    Yas

    ReplyDelete